One of the reasons why we have yeast infections is because of antibiotic use. They reduce our immune system to the extent where we are unable to fight off yeast that is naturally present in our bodies at all times. Once this yeast begins to grow, it soon gets a foothold and it is difficult to remove from its place. Unfortunately, many people try to get rid of the yeast by using a pharmaceutical cure and this simply throws them into a downward spiral. With each new yeast infection, the strain is stronger and it is more and more difficult for you to get rid of it by the same means. Eventually, it turns into what is called a superinfection which is impossible to cure by a drugstore potion.
If at all possible, you should avoid taking antibiotics because it is more than likely that you are going to suffer from yeast infections as a result. If you are currently taking antibiotics and your doctor agrees to it, you may want to stop taking them and try to take care of whatever problem you have naturally. There are times, however, whenever we may not be able to stop taking antibiotics because of a life-threatening situation that we have. What do we do then?
If we must take antibiotics regularly, we need to make sure that we keep our body in as good of condition as we possibly can. Although we cannot build up bacteria in our body whenever we are taking antibiotics, we can't help it to fight off yeast infections by eating the right foods, drinking plenty of water and getting exercise on a daily basis. By improving our health as much is possible, we may not only be able to get rid of the yeast infections but we may reduce our dependency on antibiotics as well.
Resolved QuestionShow me another »
How do I prevent a yeast infection while taking antibiotics?
Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
PB8 is a great probiotic to take. It has 8 strains of live probiotics. It's far better than acidophilus or yogurt. You should be able to find it at any health food store or vitamin shop. If you don't have any local, look up GNC or VitaminShoppe online.
I used it during and after a course of zithromax and it worked beautifully!
100% 1 Vote
- 1 Rating: Good Answer
- 0 Rating: Bad Answer
Other Answers (5)
- Eat yogurt with LIVE acidopholis cultures. Make sure their are no artificial sweetners in it. You also could take a good supplement, like Natrol Probiotic beads. Stay away from sugary stuff. Sugar makes the body a breeding ground for yeast.
Source(s):R.N.0% 0 Votes
- Try to avoid using broad spectrum antibiotic that kill all types of bacteria including the useful ones like acidophilus bacilli that keep acidic pH in vagina.Use antibiotics after culture and sensitivity test of ur bacteria by getting specimen of infected material like sputum or throat swab.These antibiotic will only kill those bacteria that are causing infection,not all bacteria of body.
Source(s):Doctor0% 0 Votes
- for the most part to prevent, keep clean and change underwear everyday. to stop yeast infection use 2-3 drops of tea tree oil mixed with 5 drops olive oil on the end of tampon insert it and wear 20 min. twice a day for 2 days. this should stop the infection, if you are having sex your parner needs to use a condom until it is cleared.0% 0 Votes
- Antibiotics not only kill invading cells, they also kill the normal flora of the vagina. This is what allows the yeast (it is part of the normal flora) to overgrow causing the infection. I don't think there is a 100% chance of preventing one, just get your doctor to give you a diflucan if you get one. It goes away very quick.0% 0 Votes
- Rexall Extra Strength Acidophilus - made with Bio Flora. You can get it at Walmart.